St. Margaret’s Bay Area Rails to Trails Local Trail Rules in Effect:
(Highway 3 crossing at Three Brooks to Highway 3 crossing in Hubbards)
- Speed limit 20 km/hr
- No motorcycles, motorbikes, dirt bikes, automobiles, trucks, SUV’s or amphibious vehicles
- Trail is closed between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Dogs must be on a leash
- Obey all signs
Posted Under Authority of the Crown Lands Act, R.S.N.S. 1989 c114. Unless otherwise authorized in writing by the Minister, Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources:
- No person shall operate a motorcycle, motorbike, dirt bike, automobile, truck, sports utility vehicle, amphibious vehicle, except vehicles used for emergency purposes or for construction and maintenance of the trail.
- No person shall exceed the speed of 20 kilometers an hour by any mode of transportation
- No person shall use or be on the trail between the hours of 11:00 p.m. local time of any day and 5:00 a.m. local time of the immediately following day.
- No person who owns or is in control of a dog shall permit it to be off leash.
- No person shall hunt, trap, take or snare any wildlife or attempt to do the same.
- No person shall have in their possession or discharge a loaded firearm or bow.
- No person shall have in their possession unloaded firearm or bow unless the firearm or bow is permitted to be carried under the Wildlife Act and regulations made thereunder and,
- is in a case which is properly fastened; or
- is completely wrapped in a material which is securely tied around the firearm or bow; or
- is in a case of a firearm, is render inoperable by the attachment of a trigger lock to the firearm
If you see anyone abusing their trail privileges, please report them to:
- Department of Natural resources: 1-800-565-2224
- RCMP Tantallon Detachment: 902-826-3100