Ride For Cancer 2020
Sure as the sea,
Everything is an out-and-back this year starting and finishing in Bayer’s Lake. This removes the need to transport bikes and people during COVID. The road in Bayer’s is closed to traffic so that provides lots of space for social distancing. The 25k turnaround is at Five Bridges Junior High; 50k at Sonny’s Road (Tantallon); 75k at Black Point Fire Hall; 100k at Shatford School in Hubbards.
Important information for all riders:
- Our NEW Event Grounds are located on Hobson Lake Drive, Bayers Lake. The entrance gate to our Event Grounds is on the corner of Hobson Lake Drive and Suzie Lake Crescent.
- A significant portion of Suzie Lake Crescent will be closed for event parking. There will also be a designated drop-off zone on Suzie Lake Crescent. We recommend that you carpool with other Riders or get dropped off/pick-up from our Event Grounds.
- Spectators will not be allowed on Event Grounds during official start times (6:00AM-12:00PM). Spectators are allowed to come to the finish line but numbers will be limited. This is to manage the number of people on-site at one time and adhere to the provincial government limitations of no more than 250 people outdoors on one site.
All riders have been sent their official GROUP, CHECK-IN, and START TIME based on distance. It is critical that you arrive on-site at our Event Grounds during your CHECK-IN TIME. You will not be able to check-in prior to this time, so please do not arrive early. Pit stops will be located every 20-25km along the route – along with roving medical and mechanical support on the trail and road.
Pit Stops will include:
- Water stations
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
While we would love to have you stick around and celebrate with us, we can’t allow Riders to hang out at the finish line after their Ride due to provincial government limitations of no more than 250 people on-site at one time.
Finish Line will include:
- Epic finish line celebration
- Official finish photo booth courtesy of Atlantic Lottery
- Group photo booth
Visit the Ride for Cancer Website for complete schedule and details